Saturday, December 19, 2009

December 18th -- Swell!

Some of the pedals on the pipe organ I played at our piano recital yesterday. At my teacher's request, I played a prelude of Christmas carols, and concluded the recital with Handel's Halleluiah Chorus, all on the organ. Fun!

(A note about the title: the large gray pedals in the picture are called, among other names, swell shoes, thus the title.)

2 comments:

Philip the Organist said...

I'm not Positif, but it appears there is also a Choir shoe on the extreme left? XD

Johan said...

Positif...that's a pun, right?

No Choir shoe--the Great and Swell were both expressed; the instrument was kind of old, so the Swell manual had some problems with wiring, so I could only use the Great; the Swell to Great 8' didn't work but the 16' and 4' worked, and the Nasard buzzed whenever the stop was drawn (good riddance). :-)

It was a good experience and a lot of fun. :-)