Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Walk by the Waterfront

Last Sunday afternoon, I decided to do several things that I'd never tried before:


First, I went to the waterfront area of town, and wandered around among the crowds of people there, looking for textures and shapes that would just "jump out" at me.


Then I set my camera on Black & White mode. Although it still saved the photos in full color, it helped me to visualize what was happening in the B&W. Once I imported the photos, I immediately converted them to B&W.


Another first, I went on a photo shoot intentionally during the brightest--and worst, photographically--part of the day.


Finally, I decided to save only 20 of my favorite images. After sorting through the 150 pictures, there were about 40 that I wanted to save, but I worked through them until only 20 remained. These are my favorites.


These are sorted by no particular method, other than order taken. ;)


Overall, it was a great experience, and a ton of fun as well. I plan to do this more often, to stretch my creativity. Have you done anything lately to stretch your creativity?

No comments: