Thursday, August 5, 2010

OHS Convention 2010

This past June, I attended the annual pipe Organ Historical Society Convention in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It was great, swell, and positiv! I would have trouble trying to solo out my favorite instrument--they were all amazing in their own way. And when everyone would sing along the sound would bombarde our ears--as beautiful as any professional choir. Please excuse the italicized words--they are all names of different organ keyboards/manuals. :^)

6 comments:

Shiloh Strang said...

Our little brother (3 years old) says: "Wow!"

Shiloh Strang said...

Wow Johan! Those are great pictures! It looks like you had a wonderful time.
BTW: The Steinway was amazing! Who do you take lessons from? Your technique looks great!

~Bethany

Anonymous said...

Oh!!!
here's where we comment!!!
I already wrote you an email; look there for my comment!

Johan said...

Thanks for the comments!

@ Bethany: My piano teacher is named Mrs. Ivanitsky. She can sight-read anything. As far as my technique--that picture looks better than normal. :^)

In that picture, I was playing Mendelssohn's 1st Piano Concerto in G minor, Op. 25.

Shiloh Strang said...

Oh, okay… I don’t know who that is! =)
I (and my siblings) take piano from Lindy Ko and I take violin from Elizabeth Knopp.
I thought you might like to see this video of my brother and I playing two pianos back to back on one bench! LOL! ;) This was the performance.
Here’s the link:

http://ebenezerforestfarm.blogspot.com/2010/08/brahms-hungarian-dance-no-1.html

~Bethany

Johan said...

@Bethany: Thanks for the comment. That video was great. It looks like you had a lot of fun and practice. ;-)