Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Proudly Incongruous

I'll be the first to admit that I wear a weird combination of clothes while working during the summer. The main reason is that I get a nasty rash from the sun; so, I typically wear the following:
  • Rubber boots--yep, this is a farm!
  • Long pants--keeps the hot rubber boots from burning my skin. This year it turns out all of my work pants are camouflage. (BTW, I only wear shorts while swimming.)
  • Long sleeve shirt--made of cotton, untucked for airflow and buttoned up all the way with the collar turned up to keep the sun off.
  • Hat--keeps the sun off my face.
  • Earplugs--the big ear-muff type, used when operating equipment.
  • Gloves--these usually stay in my pockets, resulting in a nice bumpy red rash on my hands.
As you can see, the effect is quite atrocious. :-)
Photo by my mom. And no, the tractor was not moving. :-)

"He was proud of appearing in such incongruous attires--proud of the fact that he always made them look congruous." --G. K. Chesterton

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Johan - you're a funny guy and a talented photographer. I will check back again - keep the "life on the farm" blogs coming. Organic Valley may be looking for gen O bloggers soon, so think about if you'd be interested in that...you'd be a natural!
~Michelle Pedretti